Smartcard Support, open system security, law,( certificate sig removed)

Aditya ald002@gmx.net
Wed Aug 27 18:49:01 2003

how do i generate a revocation certificate - what is the exact command =
pgp have been able to do without any prob=20

how do i do in gpg - am on linux if that matters

best regards=20

Aditya Lalit Deshmukh
Enterprise Security Solutions
aditya@online.nailed.org=20
-----Original Message-----
From: gnupg-users-admin@gnupg.org [mailto:gnupg-users-admin@gnupg.org]On
Behalf Of Johan Wevers
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 5:10 AM
To: GnuPG users
Subject: Re: Smartcard Support, open system security, law,( certificate
sig removed)

Erwan David wrote:

>If your private key is on the card and you loose the card, then you
>cannot issue a revocation, since you need the private key.

You can create a revocation certificate beforehand and store it =
somewhere
safe. If I recall correctly the pgp 2.3 manual suggeste you print it out =
on
paper and store it somewhere.

--=20
ir. J.C.A. Wevers         //  Physics and science fiction site:
johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl   //  http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html