How do I check a copy of my public key?

Mads Laursen gnupg at dossen.dk
Tue Dec 2 17:25:32 CET 2003

On 02/12/03 08.51, Paul E Condon wrote:
> I'm just getting started at crypto. I've read various
> HOWTOs and guides. I think I can follow the directions
> accurately, but I have my doubts as to my skill at
> doing things correctly. So, I would like to know about
> diagnostic tests. When I do --send-keys, how can I
> check that the updated key information is, in fact,
> available from the keyserver? Or, that after a day or
> so, it is available from some other keyserver?
>
> Maybe it is trivial to do this, but it seems to me
> that I don't have a way to distinguish informatio
> that is available to me on my computer from information
> that is available on the web.

You could use the webinterface that most keyservers have. If the
webinterface of the keyserver returns your key with the right
signatures, uids, and so on, then it would seem to have been uploaded
correctly. This extends trivially to other keyservers (just check that
they are supposed to know your key, I'm never really sure which server
synchronise).

/dossen
--
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
                -- Albert Einstein