GPG Recipients List

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Wed Dec 3 19:39:09 CET 2003

On Wednesday 03 Dec 2003 4:55 pm, Thomas Spuhler wrote:
> I am just interested. why is your key not available on a keyserver?
> Is there something against publishing it on a server?
> Tom

It is on a keyserver:
http://keyserver.kjsl.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xF53BA904&fingerprint=on

However, in general, if you get unknown keys, it's worth checking the full
text of the email - there are reasons why some keys aren't on keyservers and
Denis has put a comment line in his GnuPG signature giving the URL of the
key:
http://cif.rochester.edu/~malsyned/public_key.html
(Together with the reasoning.)

Others use a header, much like the ones added for the list or by spam filters.

Unfortunately, Denis' key isn't linked to the largest strongly connected set,
as used with Wotsap and others, http://www.lysator.liu.se/~jc/wotsap/ , so it
always comes up as untrusted and always gets deleted when I tidy up my
keyring! So I keep having to remember where to find a fresh one after
importing the backup. It becomes a habit after a while to check the source of
the message for all keys that auto-retrieve can't find. I really ought to
update the selected keyserver though - using keyserver.kjsl.com would avoid
the problem entirely.

--

Neil Williams