GPG Recipients List

Oertel, Paul paul.oertel at citigroup.com
Thu Dec 4 11:36:24 CET 2003

Dennis,

Thank you for your advice. I read about the differences between options and
commands in the documentation but I didn't see anything to indicate that
some options were not very useful when invoked from the command line.
Perhaps I overlooked that part. If not, the docs should be updated. I could
not find any information on what to do when gpg enters the interactive mode
(i.e. when the "Go ahead and type your message ..." message comes up). Is
this something I overlooked or is it an undocumented feature?

I was able to configure a group in my gpg.conf file but the syntax is
slightly different.

I had to drop the dashes to look like this

group mylist=Peter Paul Mary

instead of

--group mylist=Peter Paul Mary

I'm assuming that when options are used in the conf file they drop the
dashes.

Thanks for your help.

Paul