making it easy to find keys

Thomas Sjögren thomas at northernsecurity.net
Fri Dec 5 11:45:37 CET 2003

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 10:37:45AM +0000, Stewart V. Wright wrote:
> Why?  If you sign a message the recipient already gets the
> KeyID/Fingerprint information.

Yes, but if the person haven't uploaded the key to a keyserver an extra
header convinient way to find it.

> What do the two extra headers gain
> you?

Convinient for parsing and for looking up keys that isn't on a
keyserver.

> Or at the very least why both KeyID and Fingerprint?
Agreed, no need to add the KeyID if the fingerprint is present, and I'd
rather see the fingerprint instead of just the KeyID.

/Thomas
== thomas at northernsecurity.net | thomas at se.linux.org
== Encrypted e-mails preferred | GPG KeyID: 114AA85C