gnupg feature request

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Mon Dec 8 02:03:52 CET 2003

Jim C. wrote:
[]
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GNU\GNUPG]
> "HomeDir"="%APPDATA%\\GnuPG"

There are 2 different types of string values in WinNT+'s registry
(Win95+ has only one type, string).  Namely, string WITH and
WITHOUT variable substitutions.  I guess type of the above
variable should be changed from "string" to "string with variable
substitution" (whatever it is called) and everything will just
work.

Note also that variables in command line are substituted by a
shell (cmd.exe/whatever), so gpg will see complete path.

But all the above are just IMHO - last time I used Win* was
more than 5 years ago.

/mjt