Will GNUPG run on the IBM AS400 running V5R2?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Dec 8 10:59:29 CET 2003

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 10:46:38 -0500, David Shaw said:

> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3d266cd8.0312031421.9e00971%40posting.google.com&output=gplain

I would be very cautious with this approach.  I can't see how the
random number generator gets feeded with entropy. AFAIK, the AS/400 is
very different from a Unix machine and thus there is absolutely no
guarantee that the random number generator works as intended - at
least never ever generate keys on such an unknown architecture, there
is a good chance to compromise the secret keys sooner or later.

  Werner

--
Werner Koch                                      <wk at gnupg.org>
The GnuPG Experts                                http://g10code.com