Update on directory output - DOS/NT

Peter Schott pschott at drivefinancial.com
Thu Dec 18 18:46:30 CET 2003

Found this after some searching.  This will strip off an extension in
DOS

%1 - filename passed in to batch
%~n1 - filename without the extension

I don't quite know how I would use this with a variable within the batch
file yet, but this is what I need for my batch file.  I think I'm
relatively content now - no more move command necessary.  :-)

Now to investigate the FOR command in DOS.  Who knew I'd become a batch
programmer?  :-P

Thanks for all who replied to this and rendered assistance to this
PGP/GPG novice!

-Pete Schott