OpenPGP Messages and Compression

Hasnain Mujtaba hmujtaba at forumsys.com
Fri Dec 19 15:43:11 CET 2003

Hi all,

I had a couple of questions regarding the structure of
OpenPGP messages and compression:

1) Taking a single plain text file and splitting it into
multiple "n" chunks where each chunk is represented by
one "Sym. Encrypted & Integrity Protected Data" packet,
can we concatenate the multiple SEIPD packets into one
file, ie have multiple PGP msgs in one file? Can GPGD
decrypt that file which contains multiple SEIPD packets
representing the original plain text file?

2) Does GPGD (1.2.2) take the whole file and read it into
the buffer and then compress it, i.e does it take a 10G
file and compress it or does it have the ability to to
split the plain text file and compress each chunk and
then put it together for calculating the MDC packet?

Regards,
Hasnain