Errors compiling 1.2.4 on OpenBSD 3.4

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Mon Dec 29 16:37:43 CET 2003

On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 10:29:03PM +0100, Richard Cattien wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 03:43:28PM -0500, David Shaw wrote:
> > OpenBSD used to have a different/unusual assembler than the other
> > BSDs, so there is special code to handle that.  If OpenBSD 3.4 changes
> > this, then there could be a problem.
> >
> > What happens if you apply the attached patch to mpi/config.links ?
>
> this worked flawlessly! What did you change?

I disabled the special OpenBSD assembler handling.  It looks like
OpenBSD doesn't need it any more.

I'd appreciate it if anyone with an OpenBSD 3.3, 3.2, 3.1, or 3.0 box
could try the same patch and see what happens.  I'm not sure when
OpenBSD changed things, so it's difficult to write a proper fix for
the next version of GnuPG.

David