md5 checksum inconsistency on gnupg-1.2.3-1.2.4.diff.gz

Morgan m_thomps at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 29 16:39:46 CET 2003

I downloaded the latest update file
(gnupg-1.2.3-1.2.4.diff.gz) from the japanese http
server (not ftp, at least directly) a couple of days
ago. When I brought it home, I immediately ran an md5
checksum on it... the checksum reported an incorrect
number. I checked the version, then checked my
writing, and the next day, checked the number on the
website (I also checked it just before writing this
post). The number I wrote down was correct; the value
being reported is wrong. These are the following
values for reported and actual md5 checksum values:

Reported md5 checksum:
a42d73deb9af68482449869f7eafb13a

md5 checksum value found on website:
8186b9a52bd65e87ce65824cf62d3916

All of the other downloads I did that day checked out.
As they say on Sesame Street, "One of these is not
like the other..."