Ohhhhh jeeeee bug persists!

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Sat Feb 15 14:40:02 2003

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 10:00:29PM -0500, Nori Heikkinen wrote:
> After having lost my old key -- just clobbered it, i don't know! --
> and generated a new one, and told mutt to only try to use that one,
> I'm still getting some of the previous errors.
>
> I recently encrypted a message to some people, and when I looked
> through my sent-mail box and tried to read it, I got an empty body and
> the following pgp output:
>
> [-- PGP output follows (current time: Fri 14 Feb 2003 09:55:25 PM EST) --]
> gpg: Ohhhh jeeee: ... this is a bug (getkey.c:2151:lookup)
> secmem usage: 1696/1696 bytes in 4/4 blocks of pool 1696/16384
>
> i can't read it at all.  Is pgp thinking it's using my old key
> somehow?  or is this legitimately a bug in gpg??  i'm using gnupg
> 1.2.0-1, the deb package current in all debian versions right now, if
> i'm not mistaken.

You were having problems because of a public key in your secret
keyring.  When you generated your new key, did you keep your old
public key in the secret keyring?  GnuPG is having problems getting
past it.

If that is the case, it's fixable.  To confirm that is the case, what
happens when you do --list-secret-keyring ?

David