Problem with GnuPG 1.2.1 generated Key (Broken Key or Keyserver Problem)

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Wed Feb 19 19:09:02 2003

--=-0uXS9uI+L1zBMIULAerY

On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 16:41, Bjoern Buerger wrote:
> Hi,=20
> I recently generated a new sign-only Key, 2048bit RSA with gpg 1.2.1

> - The Key ID was altered in way I don't really understand
>   (You must request 0x818F8F41 on some servers to get 0x8838FD94)

Known bug with the keyserver software, corrected in a recent version.
It's a specific problem with RSA keys generated by recent versions of
PGP or GnuPG (v4 key format).

cheers
-- vbi

--=20
Everything you've learned in school as "obvious" becomes less and less
obvious as you begin to study the universe.  For example, there are no
solids in the universe.  There's not even a suggestion of a solid.
There are no absolute continuums.  There are no surfaces.  There are no
straight lines.
		-- R. Buckminster Fuller

--=-0uXS9uI+L1zBMIULAerY

Signature policy: http://fortytwo.ch/legal/gpg/email.20020822?version=1.3&md5sum=14ca616f14682a82cb9cc25c9b34a10d