Elgamal signatures (was Re: splitting keys)

Mark H. Wood mwood@IUPUI.Edu
Fri Feb 21 14:38:01 2003

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, David Shaw wrote:
[snip]
> I guess it depends on why you are signing.  If the intent is to get
> other people to check the signatures on your messages to verify they
> did indeed come from you, then it does sort of defeat the purpose of
> signing if checking the signature is so unpleasant that nobody does
> it.

Indeed, I had thought that the keyserver was hanging on these messages,
and that I hadn't managed to track down the proper key manually.  I was
developing the habit of just skipping Sr. Alvarez' messages since
pgpenvelope wouldn't let me see them after I ^Ced what I thought was an
endless wait.  But I can wait if I know that my patience will be rewarded,
and it was.

MS Windows *is* user-friendly, but only for certain values of "user".