Elgamal signatures (was Re: splitting keys)

Jason Harris jharris@widomaker.com
Mon Feb 24 19:19:02 2003

--cNdxnHkX5QqsyA0e

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 10:25:45AM -0500, darren chamberlain wrote:
> * David Picon Alvarez <eleuteri at myrealbox.com> [2003-02-21 17:25]:
> > OK, OK. I guess I'll make an RSA key and loose the few signatures I
> > managed to collect :-)
> >
> > Is this better then?
>=20
> No:
>=20
>   [-- PGP output follows (current time: Mon Feb 24 10:24:46 2003) --]
>   gpg: Signature made Fri Feb 21 16:43:38 2003 EST using RSA key ID 8529B=
FC4
>   gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
>   gpg: Can't check signature: public key not found
>=20
>   [-- End of PGP output --]

Which keyservers did you try?  The key was uploaded to keyserver.kjsl.com
several hours before you tried checking the signature, and I'm also
showing it on:

ds.carnet.hr
netcat.upb.de
stinkfoot.org
wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net
pgp.rediris.es
wwwkeys.de.pgp.net

which are production (pks) servers that have been upgraded to fix the
v4 RSA keyid bug.  (.nl is currently unreachable.)  It is probably
available on all the synchronized keyservers under the miscalculated
keyid as well.  Searching by name may find it if the subkey keyid bug
didn't (randomly?) kick in on any non-upgraded server being searched.

See my website for more about keyservers.  (NB:  I have some updates
that need to be uploaded.)

--=20
Jason Harris          | NIC:  JH329, PGP:  This _is_ PGP-signed, isn't it?
jharris@widomaker.com | web:  http://jharris.cjb.net/

--cNdxnHkX5QqsyA0e

--cNdxnHkX5QqsyA0e--