GnuPG 1.2.1 trustdb checks for every pubkey import?

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Thu Feb 27 09:20:02 2003

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 23:11:21 -0500, gabriel rosenkoetter said:

> Every time a key is added to my public keyring, GnuPG forces a
> trustdb check. Has anyone else experienced this at least absurd and
> arguably broken behavior?

No, that is not broken but indeed required.  By importing a new key
you may change the WoT, GnuPG must check this.  This is a simple and
straightforward strategy.

> Using --no-auto-check-trustdb makes reading mail with mutt practical

This is what I suggest to do.  But it requires that you manually (or
by a cronjob) do such a check form time to time.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner