Receiving a key on standard output

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Fri Jan 3 01:54:02 2003

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 01:30:44PM -0500, Jason Harris wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 02:19:57PM -0000, greg@turnstep.com wrote:
>
> NB:  The PGP signature on your message is bad.
>
> [fetching a key to a file]
> Run gpgkeys_* directly (it has been covered on one of these lists
> before).  See ./code/lget[.asc] on my website for an example.

The only difficulty with this is that versions of GnuPG less than 1.3
don't have a gpgkeys_hkp - only gpgkeys_ldap and gpgkeys_mailto.
Without gpgkeys_hkp, I think the easiest way to fetch a key from a
keyserver into a file is with wget or similar programs:

 wget -O thefile.asc 'http://keyserver.kjsl.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x99242560'

'thefile.asc' now has the key.

David