importing mac pubkey into gpg???

PANCHROMA.COM design@panchroma.com
Mon Jan 6 13:21:29 2003

Hi David,

I regularly swap keys between our local Mac ( PGP 6.5.2) and Unix server (GPG 1.2.0) without trouble.

If your contact wants to generate an ascii-armoured key on the Mac ( as opposed to the binary which you may have), the steps are something like:

- open the PGPkeys application
- select the icon of the key you want to export
- from the top menuu choose KEYS/EXPORT

This will produce a plain text file, which can be safely emailed.

Another posibility is that they can export their keys to a key server, and you could then import them from there.

Good luck - David Taiaroa