No [GNUPG:] tag when 'not a detached signature' error

Xavier Nodet xavier.nodet@free.fr
Mon Jan 6 22:19:02 2003

On Mon, 6 Jan 2003 19:48:45 +0100 Thomas Arend <Thomas.Arend@t-online.de> wrote:

>> I noticed, using GnuPG 1.2.1, that when there is an error because
>> a signature should have been detached, there is never a corresponding
>> message beginning with "[GNUPG:] ", although I use --status-fd.
>>
>> I got this problem when trying to verify the signature of an ill-formed
>> PGP-MIME message, and parsing only the "[GNUPG:] " lines.

> there is a difference between "--sign" and "--detach-sign".
> You have built an normal sign.

I know that, thanks. The problem is that this is a message that
I received (not me, actually, but this does not matter), not one that
I sent.

I would like that Mahogany, the mailer I use, can correctly report that
the message is not well-formed. Until now, we only had to check
"[GNUPG:] " lines. I would prefer to continue this way.

Thanks for your help.

--
Xavier Nodet
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin, 1759.