No [GNUPG:] tag when 'not a detached signature' error

Xavier Nodet xavier.nodet@free.fr
Tue Jan 7 12:33:02 2003

On Tue, 07 Jan 2003 10:42:20 +0100 Werner Koch <wk@gnupg.org> wrote:

> You better print an error message "no signature found" if you do a
> verify and don't get a bad, good or error signature status back.

Ok.

> There are dozens of other reasons why the signature check might file
> we can't provide such detailed information.

Of course! I was not asking for the detailed reason why the check
failed, but only to positively know that it failed: something like
'[GNUPG:] UNKNOWNERR'...

> A solution would be a log window which receives all gpg output and you
> can refer the user to this log window in case of such an error.

Yes, that's what we already do.

Thanks for your help.

--
Xavier Nodet
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin, 1759.