[Announce] GnuPG release candidate for 1.2.2
Tue Jan 7 14:36:05 2003
We are pleased to announce the availability of a release candidate for
or as a patch (quite large due to the translations) against the latest
If you had problems in the past or suggested a new feature, we would
appreciate if you can check out this release.
In addition to some bug fixes the following stuff is new:
* A "convert-from-106" script has been added. This is a simple
script that automates the conversion from a 1.0.6 or earlier
version of GnuPG to a 1.0.7 or later version.
* Notation names that do not contain a '@' are no longer allowed
unless --expert is set. This is to help prevent pollution of
the (as yet unused) IETF notation namespace.
* A "--trust-model always" option has been added to smooth the
transition to a future GnuPG that has multiple trust models.
This is identical to the current "--always-trust" option.
* Care is taken to prevent compiler optimization from removing
memory wiping code.
* New option --no-mangle-dos-filenames so that filenames are not
truncated in the W32 version.
* Disabled keys are now skipped when selecting keys for
* Minor trustdb changes to make the trust calculations match
* New translations: Finnish and Traditional Chinese.
If you want to report bugs, please use the new bug tracker at
http://bugs.gnupg.org and select the category "gnupg".
A Happy New Year,
The GnuPG Team (David, Stefan, Timo, Werner)