Adding Additional --charset Option

Weddell, R J (Rob) RJWeddell@MarathonOil.com
Tue Jan 7 19:16:02 2003

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2B679.08E55CE4

We are attempting to port gnupg to the IBM mainframe platform which uses =
EBCDIC encoding as it's native character set.

We have been able to build and run the gpg executable on the platform, =
but to successfully exchange keys with other platforms, it looks like we =
would need to specify that the OS uses the IBM-1047 character set as =
opposed to ISO-8859-1.

It appears that the --charset option was intended to address this type =
of problem but IBM-1047 is not supported, only=20

Is --charset indeed intended to solve this type of problem?

If so, has anyone had experience in adding additional character set =
options who would be willing to give advice as to what code needs =
modification?

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2B679.08E55CE4

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
6.0.6249.1">
<TITLE>Adding Additional --charset Option</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">We are attempting to port gnupg to the =
IBM mainframe platform which uses EBCDIC encoding as it's native =
character set.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">We have been able to build and run the =
gpg executable on the platform, but to successfully exchange keys with =
other platforms, it looks like we would need to specify that the OS uses =
the IBM-1047 character set as opposed to ISO-8859-1.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">It appears that the --charset option =
was intended to address this type of problem but IBM-1047 is not =
supported, only </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Is --charset indeed intended to solve =
this type of problem?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">If so, has anyone had experience in =
adding additional character set options who would be willing to give =
advice as to what code needs modification?</FONT></P>
<BR>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C2B679.08E55CE4--