How to resolve "mpi too large" error?

David M Sandler dsandler@paychex.com
Fri Jan 17 17:08:02 2003

--------------442D2FF7377005BA2836DBCD

The "mpi too large" error occurred while trying to decrypt a file
transferred in binary mode.  When I transfer the file in ascii mode and
then try to decrypt it, I do not get the "mpi too large" error.

In addition, I have another separate problem while trying to decrypt the
file transferred in ascii mode.  I type the following command to decrypt:

     gpg --decrypt filename.ext

and I get the following error:

     gpg: public key decryption failed: wrong secret key used
     gpg: decryption failed: secret key not available

My public and private keys have not changed recently as far as I can tell.

Any suggestions?

--Dave

--

David M Sandler
Paychex Incorporated

--------------442D2FF7377005BA2836DBCD

&nbsp;
in binary mode.&nbsp; When I transfer the file in ascii mode and then try
to decrypt it, I do not get the "mpi too large" error.
the file transferred in ascii mode.&nbsp; I type the following command
to decrypt: