gpg: Ohhhh jeeee: mpi crosses packet border

Brian Nelson nelson@bignachos.com
Sun Jan 19 18:09:02 2003

--=-=-=

Werner Koch <wk@gnupg.org> writes:

> On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 12:59:25 -0800, Brian Nelson said:
>
>> gpg: Ohhhh jeeee: mpi crosses packet border
>
> If you get this for every oepration it is likely that your keyring is
> corrupted.  Using the option --debug 1 might give some hints.
>
> OS version, Gnupg version, what compiler?

Apparently, it was the result of sharing the same pubring.gpg on a
Debian and a Cygwin installation.  Both have version 1.2.1.  The Debian
version is compiled with gcc 2.95, and I think the Cygwin version is
compiled with 3.2.

I was only getting those errors in Debian; it worked fine in Cygwin.  I
keep my pubring.gpg and trustdb.gpg under revision control, so I
reverted to a previous revision to get it working again.

Is there any reason why I'm having trouble sharing the pubring on Debian
and Cygwin?  I would have though that the same versions would play
nicely together...

=2D-=20
My secret to happiness... is that I have a heart of a 12-year-old boy.
It's over here in a jar.  Would you like to see it?

--=-=-=

--=-=-=--