Keysigning a "corporate" key - how ?

Toxik - Fabian Rodriguez Fabian.Rodriguez@Toxik.com
Thu Jan 23 00:59:02 2003

Hello,

Just an update on this...

I finally opted to bring with me the incorporation/registration
papers, which list me and my personal address, which establishes a
link with my "employer" (using my IDs where my address is). Also
brought a company invoice with my name on it.

During the keysigning that I attended, most people were surprised to
see a request for signing a "corporate" key. Most agreed that I sould
sign it, and that my web of trust would extend to this corporate key,
but that I did not need to have both signed. Some people also
suggested to put the fingerprint on letterhead and other places. It's
on our WHOIS record now, as someone else suggested.

On this fascinating subject, somebody also wrote me this, which is
more or less the same, only better explained:

> legal persons (companies, Inc.)are persons that are represented by
human
> beings. i would legally recommend the following, being unaware
wether
> some hints apply to Canada:
>
> In Germany Companies, also Incorporates, are officially registered
with
> their full name, adress and representing board members. These
record
> entries are officially trusted.  If there is a corresponding way
of
> registration in Canada you should bring:
>
> 1. The official record showing what person or persons are legally
> representing the Inc. with full names and Inc. adress.
>
> This would serve as ID-card together with 2.
>
> 2. A paper showing : the Inc. issues a key to sign and encrypt with
keys
> data as you would do with your private keys, physically signed by
the
> staff mentioned in 1. (acoording to your website Dann, Martial and
you.)

> This is also part of the ID-card (because the issueing person and
the
> person bound by the key (the Inc.) are different which they are not
when
> private keys are signed !!)
>
> 3. The ID-card(s) of the person presenting the key if similar to
one in
> 1.
>
> This should prove to everybody that the key is correct.

Fabi=E1n Rodr=EDguez - Toxik Technologies, Inc.
www.toxik.com - (514) 528-6945 @221