different keys for different machine?

Aaron P. Martinez aaron@philngood.com
Tue Jan 28 21:46:01 2003

Wow, this is way more in depth than i was hoping for...

Ok...lets say, for security sake..that i really only need one, no lets
say two..one linux and one window's box to send email from..I use an
imap server so i often connect to the server from one of the two
machines.  The rest of the machines are server machines.  My network is
set up as such.....

internet gateway/firewall/router----int. router/samba/fw/---internal net

               DMZ

(ascii art---not my forte)

The internal net is where my email boxes are of course.  on the dmz
currently i have one maching doing most work...SMTP, IMAP, HTTP, SSH,
WEBMAIL, the ohter machine is just a haylafax server.  and then there is
my internal router/firewall/samba server.  I'm not sure this clears it
up..but it sounds like what the best thing in this situation to do is
share the key on my two workstation machines..(can i share the key on a
windows and linux box?) and then create a seperate key for each of the
other machines for encryption purposes?  I suspect that for the main dmz
machine, i should actually get a key through a CA so i don't get the
dreaded "untrusted key" or worse yet, my customers?

Hope this clears it up..and thanks for the quick responses.

Aaron martinez