Copying of pubring/secring

Wolfgang Bornath wobo@wolf-b.de
Tue Jul 1 17:28:02 2003

Hi,

A new day a new distro installation! :)

Did a fresh ftp installation of Debian Woody including GnuPG.
On the same harddisk is my Mandrake installation with installed GnuPG
and my user's ~/.gnupg including pubring/secring.

I tried to copy the keyrings to the new ~/.gnupg in the Debian
installation but asking 'gpg --list-keys' I am told that

gpg: [don't know]: invalid packet (ctb=00)
gpg: read_keyblock: read error: Invalid packet
gpg: enum_keyblocks(read) failed: Invalid keyring

Hmm, username is the same as in the old installation where I copied the
rings from.

Anybody can help or point me to a doc to solve this?

wobo
--
Public GnuPG key available at http://www.wolf-b.de/misc