[gpg]Re: decrypt stdin with passphrase in

Ivan Boldyrev boldyrev+nospam@cgitftp.uiggm.nsc.ru
Wed Jul 2 12:10:11 2003

On 8425 day of my life Steve Butler wrote:

>>> That's I/O redirection.
>>>
>>> I don't think there is any syntax that allows _pipe_ (|) to use
>>> anything other than stdlist and stdin.
>>>

>>echo mypassword | gpg --passphrase-fd 3 3<&0 <file.gpg
>
> Well, to split hairs here, and hair splitting seems to be in vogue right
> now, that's still I/O redirection.

Oops, sorry, I read your message inattentively.  But my post is useful
for those who try to use --passphrase-fd without temporary file.

--
Ivan Boldyrev

                        Today is the first day of the rest of your life.