Email Clients and digital signatures

Johan Wevers johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl
Sat Jul 5 14:31:03 2003

You, CL Gilbert, wrote:

>What they are responsible for is making sure the scripts can do no harm.
>~ In other words, that they run in a sandbox and have limited abilities.

That would remove most of the thing scripts are legally used for (starting
applications on an intranet).

>~ Outlook is not supposed to automatically *run* arbitrary scripts.  When
>it does, thats an error.

But the tight coupling of file extensions and how to start a file in windows
makes it very likely even the smallest programming error results in such
things. The problem I'm now getting is that windows virusscanners now
protest against ANY file with a double extension, like X.txt.pgp. :-(

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers         //  Physics and science fiction site:
johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl   //  http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html