OpenPGP vs inline PGP

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Wed Jul 9 09:32:03 2003

--Boundary-02=_yV8C/X9fBoXYulN

On Tuesday 08 July 2003 21:13, Neil Williams wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 Jul 2003 6:00 am, Robin Lynn Frank wrote:
> > Now, compile and install them (note that you need much stuff here only =
> > make newpg's configure script happy):
> >
> > I'm sorry, but installing software that is not actually needed???  I
> > don't
>
> No, you are installing software that is needed as a package.=20
[...]

I think that I agree with Robin in one thing: installing the kmail plugin a=
s=20
it is now is a PITA. It took the better part of a day to get it right,=20
because of the problems first with pinentry-qt (didn't compile, I run=20
pinentry-gtk now - this problem was mentioned on some website somewhere) an=
d=20
then with threading (the agent would die immediately after being started).=
=20
This should not happen.

But once the thing is installed, it works without problems, and I'm convinc=
ed=20
that PGP/MIME is the way to go.=20

Just my CHF.02 (or =A4.02 if you want)
=2D- vbi