Importance of creation date in keysigning

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Fri Jul 11 08:16:03 2003

--Boundary-02=_galD/i+86Ha1CVd

On Tuesday 08 July 2003 18:34, J=FCrgen A.Erhard wrote:
> Is the date of a key's creation in any way important when signing a key?
>
> I've googled, and found only keysigning how-tos that didn't mention the
> key's creation date.

fingerprint etc. already mentioned by others.

The creation time on the key also is not significant from a security point =
of=20
trusted timestamping service or so. Of course, as the key creator, you have=
=20
an interest to not put false data in it, but as somebody using a public key=
=20
it doesn't really tell me anything.

> I'm asking because I'm unsure whether to put my key's date on my
> business card

[ geek that I am, gpg fingerprint is on my businesscard and always heads ge=
t=20
shaken if a non-technical person gets one of those... :-]

cheers
=2D- vbi

=2D-=20
random link of the day: http://fortytwo.ch/sienapei/ahshaiva