Twofish, Blowfish no recommended cipher anymore ?!

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Mon Jul 14 09:06:01 2003

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:20:00 +0200 (MET DST), Johan Wevers said:

> I hope not, although one never knows. If the OpenPGP forum drops support,
> the gnupg developers might as well (see the Tiger hash :-( ), and with
> the plugin system gone there's no easy way to re-add them.

We will keep Blowfish and Twofish support in the standard version of
GnuPG.  In theory it might happen that you need a compile time switch
to enable them.  OTOH, symmetric only messages can't make use of the
preference system and thus we need to stick to the algorithms we once
implemented.

Tiger was always flagged as kind of experimental and until recently we
even had no valid OID.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

--