Different behaviour for decrypt using --batch?

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Mon Jul 14 11:11:02 2003

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 09:35:35 +0200, Holger Sesterhenn said:

> something was different with the signature. The working gnupg process was
> killed by my wathdog process after half an our working (on a 2900 bytes
> mail!!!!). Trying to find out what went wrong (calling without --no-tty

It is always a good idea to connect stdin to /dev/null, so that a
forked and execed process won't wait for input from the terminal.
--no-tty affects only GnuPG's internal use of the tty (e.g. for the
passphrase etc.)

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

--