trying to edit my key

Dennis Lambe Jr. malsyned@cif.rochester.edu
Tue Jul 15 03:42:02 2003

--=-Gp/V26an/CEYIlD0Ci5h

On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 21:18, Pat wrote:
> I'm trying to edit my key with commands such as "deluid <my id number>" o=
r=20
> "primary <my id number>" but I keep getting that "You must select at leas=
t=20
> one user ID." although I do enter the user ID! I'm a newbie so I guess I'=
m=20
> probably doing something wrong.

Yeah, you are ;-)

The commands that operate on UIDs at that prompt don't take the UID as
an argument.  You have to select it using the "uid" command.  So,
instead of

	deluid 1

you would say=20
=09
	uid 1
	deluid

The "uid" command works like a toggle, selecting unselected UIDs and
unselecting selected ones.  More than one uid can be selected at once,
so you can say, for example,
=09
	uid 1
	uid 2