How to better start a web of trust

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Tue Jul 15 08:50:02 2003

--Boundary-02=_5R6E/DDWZ66sq7H

On Monday 14 July 2003 21:21, Renat Golubchyk wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm a newbie here so I have a pretty straight-forward question.
>
> None of my friends, relatives etc. signs or encrypts their messages - the
> only signed messages I ever see come from various mailing lists. I'd like
> to check the signatures of these mails, though. So it brings up some
> questions: 1. How to start a web of trust?

biglumber.com was mentioned - don't only look at biglumber, but also make y=
our=20
own entry. The site can only live when everybody who uses it also makes his=
=20
entry, else there will never be any entries for new locations...

> 2. Is there a need for my relatives/friends to use gnupg (or something
> similar) for their communication?

I guess others answered that better than I could.

=2D-=20
get my gpg key here: http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/92082481

--Boundary-02=_5R6E/DDWZ66sq7H

Signature policy: http://fortytwo.ch/legal/gpg/email.20020822?version=1.5&md5sum=5dff868d11843276071b25eb7006da3e