trying to edit my key

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Tue Jul 15 08:56:02 2003

--Boundary-02=_cX6E/I0hVODx8zu

On Tuesday 15 July 2003 03:18, Pat wrote:
> I'm trying to edit my key with commands such as "deluid <my id number>" or
> "primary <my id number>" but I keep getting that "You must select at least
> one user ID." although I do enter the user ID! I'm a newbie so I guess I'm
> probably doing something wrong.

Don't forget that deleting a userid just deletes it from your local copy of=
=20
the key. Once you have uploaded your key to a public keyserver, it is not=20
possible to really delete any part of that key. To remove a userid that you=
=20
don't use anymore, you have to revoke it (currently revoke the self signatu=
re=20
on that userid with revsig, but IIRC a command to revoke a userid directly=
=20
should apper in the next gpg release).

cheers
=2D- vbi