Encoding?

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Wed Jul 16 12:13:02 2003

--Boundary-02=_hWSF/kLRZlStEOW

On Wednesday 16 July 2003 09:54, CL Gilbert wrote:
> Is their a way I can modify gpg or use a special key or some such to get
> gpg to encode as opposed to encrypting?  Like simply increase the ascii
> value of all chars by 1.  Or something simple like that, just as a fun
> exercise?

You must be extremely bored ;-)

I guess the easiest way to do this within gpg would be to add this as a new=
=20
cipher. I've never hacked gpg, but from what I hear this should be easy; ta=
ke=20
one of the existing ciphers (like des.c), copy it into clgilbertcipher.c, r=
ip=20
out all the real encryption stuff and add your own. Also, of course, look h=
ow=20
des is hooked into gpg. I'm pretty sure you can't do it without some real=20
coding.

cheers
=2D- vbi

=2D-=20
NOTE: my email addresses in usenet postings change frequently!

--Boundary-02=_hWSF/kLRZlStEOW

Signature policy: http://fortytwo.ch/legal/gpg/email.20020822?version=1.5&md5sum=5dff868d11843276071b25eb7006da3e

--Boundary-02=_hWSF/kLRZlStEOW--