can't import keys into gnu pg

Timo Schulz twoaday@freakmail.de
Fri Jul 18 22:41:03 2003

On Sat Jul 19 2003; 01:26, Apurva Mehta wrote:

> gpg: invalid armor header:
> mQGiBDfqVDgRBADBKr3Bl6PO8BQ0H8sJoD6p9U7Yyl7pjtZqioviPwXP+DCWd4u8
>
> I get a similar message for _every_ public key I try to import. I have
> tried deleting my ~/.gnupg directory and starting from scratch but

It seems that the files are all broken. The RFC2440 format defines
an empty line to separate the headers and the data. Example:

If the armor lines follows immediately after the ------BEGIN PGP
header, something is wrong. Or if there is *no* empty line after
the Version (Comment) header!

        Timo

--
Windows Privacy Tools            "Der Tugendhafte begnügt sich, von dem zu
(http://winpt.sourceforge.net)    träumen, was der Böse im Leben verwirklicht."