Invalid passphrase

Neil Williams linux@codehelp.co.uk
Sun Jul 20 01:07:02 2003

--Boundary-02=_Z+cG/foyqboNRe/

On Saturday 19 Jul 2003 11:07 pm, John Aldrich wrote:
> No, I can't, I don't think. Because for some strange reason, it refuses to
> recongize my passphrase that way. The other way, it says "no passphrase"

Do you get a command line prompt, a dialog box or just an error?
1. Command prompt (with use-agent commented out) - Good.
2. dialog box (with use-agent in) - ordinary box -> scope problem, special =
box=20
=2D> Good.
3. With passphrase caching OFF: error message with NO prompt or chance to p=
ut=20
in the passphrase: This is down to an error in the config, often of=20
gpg-agent.conf - check the KMail HOWTO.
http://kmail.kde.org/kmail-pgpmime-howto.html

4. With passphrase caching ON : error message with no prompt etc. -> that's=
=20
the expected behaviour if the variable is out of scope.

> even though I disabled caching the passphrase for signing.

Please confirm that you have checked out the scope problem fully.

Have you done the eval command and started kmail from the same terminal?

I keep talking about this (simple) step but no-one seems to confirm that th=
ey=20
have actually done it and still found errors. It truly is required if you a=
re=20
going to understand what is actually going wrong. So, does it work when you=
=20
issue:
$ eval "$(gpg-agent --daemon)"
$ kmail