ELG-E key requires IDEA cipher?

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Mon Jul 21 17:59:32 2003

--Boundary-02=_dc6G/5cZUlFx3Yv

On Sunday 20 July 2003 11:00, Mark B. Elrod wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have an ELG-E key which refuses to work completely with gpg. I can
> encrypt to it but when I try to unencrypt the data I get the following:

> gpg: the IDEA cipher plugin is not present

IDEA is the symmetric cipher used to encrypt the data. Your key has IDEA se=
t=20
as the default cipher in its preferences flags. Do a gpg --edit <yourkey> a=
nd=20
change the preferences so that IDEA is not in the list of desired ciphers.=
=20
(I'm not sure if you can do this if your installation doesn't have IDEA,=20
though, so perhaps best dig out a gpg version with installed IDEA support=20
(nullify build for windows, IIRC).

cheers
=2D- vbi

=2D-=20