Which keyserver should I use?

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Tue Jul 22 08:20:02 2003

--Boundary-02=_TgNH/rkq2fmUZzB

On Tuesday 22 July 2003 03:21, Nick Nolan wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 18:02:33 -0700
>
> Robin Lynn Frank <rlfrank@paradigm-omega.com> wrote:
> > As long as it works for you, it is as good as any.  Since keyservrs
> > usually sync with each other, I can't see  any advantage to changing.
>
> the problem is that I'm getting public key not found messages on quite a
> few of the signatures that are sent to this list

One problem is that some people (anybody else but me?) use a subkey to sign=
=20
email. Currently, none of the keyservers support searching for subkeys, so=
=20
automatic key retrieval won't work. This is announced for the very near=20
future with the SKS keyserver, so at least this case shouldn't be a problem=
=20
anymore by then.

(my key is at http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/92082481 - or on the keyservers with t=
hat=20
keyid).

The other problem - especially with people like me - is that many keyserver=
s=20
corrupt keys with multiple subkeys. You may want to use subkeys.pgp.net as=
=20
your keyservers - this points to one of several (3 right now) keyservers wh=
o=20
all correctly handle subkeys.

cheers
=2D- vbi

=2D-=20
If the path be beautiful, let us not ask where it leads.
		-- Anatole France

--Boundary-02=_TgNH/rkq2fmUZzB

Signature policy: http://fortytwo.ch/legal/gpg/email.20020822?version=1.5&md5sum=5dff868d11843276071b25eb7006da3e

--Boundary-02=_TgNH/rkq2fmUZzB--