Script with sensitive info

Mads Laursen gnupg@dossen.dk
Thu Jul 24 14:51:01 2003

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

On 24/07/03 08.13, kynn@panix.com wrote:
>=20
>    From: "James R. Hendrick" <hendrick@keane-nne.com>
>    Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:41:50 -0400
>=20
>    You *can* require that a human input that key when the script
>    starts up (maybe once per system boot). This still requires the key
>    stay in memory in the clear (better than disk, but still possible
>    to access).
>=20
> I like this idea.  So let me ask a simpler question (I'm a complete
> PGP/Gnupg novice): is there a good way to use Gnupg from within a Perl
> script to encrypt and decrypt a text string based on a user-supplied
> password?
>=20

If your script has the passphrase available in memory, you can use the
--passphrase-fd option to supply the passphrase to gpg.

For more info, see the "decrypt stdin with passphrase in" from the
beginning of this month.

HTH

/dossen
--=20
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
                -- Albert Einstein

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb--