Revoke a public key w/o the secret key?

Charly Avital shavital@netbox.com
Fri Jul 25 20:24:02 2003

Even when revoked, a key will keep on floating around in the servers.

Without the associated secret key *and* the corresponding passphrase, you=
=20
cannot generate a revoke for the public key.

If you really want the world at large to know that this particular key=20
should not be used when encrypting to you, you might insert some=20
appropriate comment in your valid public key's uid, either disclaiming the=
=20
former key (ID), or qualifying the valid key as the "only" valid one.=20
Clumsy, but...
--
My 2=A2
C.
the secret key? wrote:
> Is this possible? Reason I'm asking is I found that some PGP Keyservers=
=20
> are still floating an old key of mine around that was SOPOSED to have bee=
n=20
> revoked some time ago. I don't have the associated secret key anymore so =
I=20