key fingerprints - a practice question

Ben Finney ben@benfinney.id.au
Sun Jul 27 01:30:02 2003

--5QAgd0e35j3NYeGe

On 26-Jul-2003, Neil Williams wrote:
> > Or is it a better practice to simply sign messages [instead of
> > including the key fingerprint]?
>=20
> I'd say definitely, yes. Your signature identifies your public key and
> I can retrieve it from a keyserver automatically from that. I don't
> need your fingerprint to import your key or to validate your
> signature.

Well, I'm convinced.  As of now, my signature omits my key fingerprint.
(Now I just need to find more crap to fill it with :-)

--=20
 \           "We spend the first twelve months of our children's lives |
  `\          teaching them to walk and talk and the next twelve years |
_o__)        telling them to sit down and shut up."  -- Phyllis Diller |
Ben Finney <ben@benfinney.id.au>

--5QAgd0e35j3NYeGe

--5QAgd0e35j3NYeGe--