Multiple Keyservers

Thorsten Haude linux@thorstenhau.de
Wed Jun 4 06:26:06 2003

--O2qoDrRdTxptnP8M

Hi,

* Ash Varma <tnedor@yahoo.com> [2003-06-04 02:46]:
>I have an automatic script that I call from mutt to automatically
>retrieve signing keys from a keyserver.

Are these the keys you need to verify the current mail? You don't need
a script for that, GPG can do it for you.

>I wanted to know if it is possible to use multiple keyservers in my
>query, so if the key is not registered with one server, I can search
>others.

With you script you could easily do so, since gpg(1) returns an error
if the key is not found.

>Not really sure if searching for keys in this fashion is a good idea. If
>not, please advise with an explanation.

The keyservers are supposed to be share their data. If you don't want
to query a server with a special customer base, this won't get any
better results.

Thorsten
--=20
The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of
private power to the point where it becomes stronger than the democratic
state itself. That in its essence is fascism - ownership of government
by an individual, by a group or any controlling private power.
    - Franklin D. Roosevelt

--O2qoDrRdTxptnP8M

--O2qoDrRdTxptnP8M--