Adding new UID problems.

Stewart V. Wright svwright+lists@amtp.liv.ac.uk
Wed Jun 4 18:37:01 2003

* Werner Koch <wk@gnupg.org> [030603 15:52]:

* David Shaw <dshaw@jabberwocky.com> [030603 17:31]:

> I did add some code to the PKS tree to at least avoid the worst
> problems (it will reject additional subkeys rather than corrupting
> them), but this is a far cry from full subkey support.
>
> My current recommendation is to use the SKS keyservers.
>
>   hkp://keyserver.bu.edu
>   hkp://sks.keyserver.penguin.de
>   hkp://sks.dnsalias.net
>   hkp://ensemble02.cs.cornell.edu
>
> Any of those, or hkp://keyserver.kjsl.com will work correctly with
> multiple subkeys.

I'm still having problems.

I've tried "--recv-keys" from these (bar ensemble02 which seems not to
be alive) and ALL of them still give me

  gpg: key B3334559: invalid subkey binding
  gpg: key B3334559: invalid subkey binding

I tried resubmitting my key to hkp://keyserver.kjsl.com and then
getting it again still the same problems.

Looking at the output on one of the web interfaces I've noticed the
following binding on my sub keys...

  sub  1024/246383E6 2003-05-14
  sig sbind B3334559 2003-05-14 __________ 2005-05-13 []

  sub  1024/35DB7472 2003-05-14
  sig sbind B3334559 2003-05-14 __________ 2005-05-13 []
  sig sbind B3334559 2003-05-14 __________ 2005-05-13 []

  sub  2048/A11D9315 2003-05-14
  sig sbind B3334559 2003-05-14 __________ 2005-05-13 []
  sig sbind B3334559 2003-05-14 __________ 2005-05-13 []

Surely though this multiple sbind problem should have appeared when I
first created the subkeys (2003-05-14) and not be rearing its head
now.

Ideas?
Signature policy: http://www.liv.ac.uk/~svwright/security/gpg-policy.html