Adding new UID problems.

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Wed Jun 4 23:07:02 2003

--vkogqOf2sHV7VnPd

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 05:01:01PM -0400, Jason Harris wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 02:05:10PM -0400, David Shaw wrote:
>=20
> > I would be thrilled if one keyserver operator chose to run a working
> > keyserver, and refused to sync with anyone who was running a broken
> > one.  I'd use that "mini network" in a heartbeat.  In the meantime,
>=20
> ldap://keyserver.collosus.ath.cx will meet your needs,
> for certain values of "working."

Yes.  After I sent the mail, I realized that ldap://keyserver.pgp.com
was another one, as it does not sync.  Of course, both of these are
single points of failure.

It is unfortunate that there aren't any HKP-flavored servers that meet
the criteria though.  Not all OpenPGP programs can talk LDAP.

David

--vkogqOf2sHV7VnPd

--vkogqOf2sHV7VnPd--