Newbie question - how to include the pass phrase in the command

Steve Butler sbutler@fchn.com
Thu Jun 5 20:24:02 2003

I'd change this from:

echo %1|gpg  --encrypt --output %2.asc --armour --recipient
our_own_userid --encrypt-to the_recipient_userid --passphrase-fd 0 %2

To this <<all on one line>>:

echo %1 | gpg --passphrase-fd 0 --armour --recipient %3 --encrypt-to
<<our_own_userid>> --sign --output %2.asc --encrypt %2

Then invoke it:

my_gpg "my passphrase" my_file to_whom_it_concerns

Of course, that's without a blank passphrase.

If your passphrase is blank, then the following should work:

gpg --armour --recipient %1 --encrypt-to <<our_own_userid>> --sign --output
%2.asc --encrypt %2

Then invoke it:

my_gpg  to_whom_it_concerns   my_file

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.