Virtual Keysignings

CL Gilbert Lamont_Gilbert@RigidSoftware.com
Sun Jun 8 15:05:02 2003

Ingo Kl=F6cker wrote:
| On Friday 06 June 2003 05:28, CL Gilbert wrote:
|
|>I really only intend to sign keys for my own benefit.  That is, I
|>sign keys so that I can be sure the person I received the assignmen=
|>from is the same as the person I am submitting it too.  It's not
|>important for me, who anybody is.  Its only important that once the=
|>are who they are, they stay that way...
|>
|>So I am totally cool with using nicnames and whatever.  The signatu=
re
|>for me is more about knowing who a person is, rather than what thei=
|>name/ID/Picture is.
|

| Then I hope that you sign those keys only locally (i. e. with gpg
| --lsign).
|
| Regards,
| Ingo

I think the difference would be that I admit I am no notary public.  =
But
others do not.  Is a drivers license good enough for you?  they can b=
faked you know.  Do you have any training on determining fakes?

Now if their were a reputation system like heatware.com tied to
signatures, that would would really suit my needs.

What good is a first and last name to you anyway?  Their are 1000s of
people with the same.  Its only important that the carl gilbert that
paid you for the work, is the carl gilbert you give the work too.  At
least I think so.

- --
L8r,

Carl L. Gilbert
Free Java interface to Freechess.org
http://www.rigidsoftware.com/Chess/chess.html
man's wisdom [is] despised, and his words are not heard." Ecclesiaste=
s 9:16