(no subject)

Charles idlewild@mac.com
Tue Jun 10 23:02:02 2003

--Apple-Mail-4--337595754

Greetings

My first experiences with GPG, and PHP.  I have a script that is
supposed to encrypt form data and direct the result to an email address
specified in the script.

The script uses the servers keyring.  The server folks ask me to
retrieve the public key to do the encryption from a keyserver.  So how
do I modify the script to query the keyserver for my public key to do
the encryption?

Two command lines within the script address identifying the user in the
keyring and encrypting the form data.  These I believe are the commands
I need to modify for the script to retrieve my public key from the
keyserver:

//Tell gnupg where the key ring is. Home dir of user web server is
running as.
putenv("GNUPGHOME=/var/www/.gnupg");

I don't know whether this first command needs to be modified or simply
omitted from the script.  The second command appears to lookup the
public key and encrypt the file, which is where I need to have the
script look from the keyserver instead of the server's keyring:

//set up the gnupg command. Note: Remember to put E-mail address on the
gpg keyring.
$command = "/usr/bin/gpg -a --recipient 'Mini Me <me@here.com>' \\
--encrypt -o $outfile $infile";

//execute the gnupg command
system($command, $result);

Anyone have a hint how to make this script work by retrieving my public
key from the keyserver?

Thanks in advance

R Charles Flickinger
Magic is imagination and learning.
[...]